Many businesses in the UK monitor or aggregate newspaper website content by crawling and scraping the newspaper sites, building a database of content, then providing either website links or copies of articles to clients.NLA media access has launched eClips Web – a database of publisher controlled website content, based on direct feeds from the newspaper web CMS (Content Management Systems).eClips Web allows media monitoring agencies and news aggregators to offer an improved service to clients with more accurate article metadata and classification, reliable coverage, and faster delivery.
eClips Web advantages
eClips Web feeds are used by media monitoring companies and their end user clients as an alternative to scraping. eClips Web may also be used in news aggregation services, data mining, business intelligence software and social media monitoring platforms.
Businesses can track what is being written about their company brand, products or services on multiple newspaper websites simultaneously and in near to real-time, from a fully managed and licensed web feed.
eClips Web allows businesses to monitor sites such as The Times and The Sun which cannot be scraped due to licence restrictions, login or paywalls.
eClips Web process
eClips Web features
eClips Web offers a number of advantages for businesses monitoring editorial content published on national and regional newspaper websites. We standardise the publisher feeds in order to provide businesses with indexable full-text XML to support monitoring activities and benefit from the following features:
* eClips Web includes The Sun, The Scottish Sun (including Sun on Sunday), The Times, and the Sunday Times. These titles are excluded from the WDL and are not available through any other source because the publisher prohibits any commercial scraping of the websites.
There are two types of licence which may be appropriate to your business, the Web Database Licence (WDL) and the eClips Web Licence (eCW).
Web Database Licence
– directly scrape newspaper websites and supplies links or copies to clients
– receive a scraped feed of newspaper websites and supply links or copies to clients
eClips Web Licence
– receive a direct eCW feed of newspaper websites and supplies links or copies to clients
– supply links or copies of articles from the eCW feed of News International websites to clients
eClips Web FAQ
eClips Web Title list
Check the eClips Web Titles covered by the NLA media access here
eClips Web Specialist Titles
eClips Web licensees may wish to add extra titles to the core repertoire that they already receive. These titles are purchased individually via eClips Web Specialist, and can be added or removed from your existing feed at any time.
These titles are pay-walled, un-scrapable, B2B specialist subscription
titles that are exclusively available on eClips Web.
Contact us to find out more
Call Client Services on 020 7332 9380